Kells Counselling provides counselling and assessment opportunities for practicum students who are completing their psychology or counselling-related Masters or Doctorate program. Through practicum student opportunities, Kells Counselling is able to nurture emerging therapists to become well-trained professionals and provide low-cost services to make counselling more accessible to clients. Every year, Kells Counselling will accept two to three students to join our team, gain experience and skills, and grow as a professional.
Kells practicum students are provided access to the following benefits during their time at Kells:
- Exclusive training, such as the Clinical Advantage – Master Clinician Program
- In-house training that enhances their counselling, assessment, and professional knowledge and skills
- Varied client load
- Welcoming and functional facilities
- Administrative support
- Quality supervision by a fully Registered Psychologist
- Access to a clinical team of other Registered Psychologists, Provisional Psychologists, Psychometrists, and Psychological Assistants
- Monthly Ethics meetings with other Registered and Provisional Psychologists
Practicum placements at Kells Counselling start in September every year. Applications are accepted beginning in January and will remain open until placement positions are filled.