Kells Counselling is considered an essential business and will remain open during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Please continue to access support for your mental health, whether that be via phone, online, or in person.
Please only come into the office if you are healthy and not required to self-isolate. We have taken extra steps to ensure we adhere to government recommendations and physical distancing guidelines.
If you are not feeling well, or are concerned about going out, our psychologists are available online or by telephone as well.
Benefits of online or telephone therapy
- There is no commute.
- You can be where you are most comfortable (like in your pj’s on your couch.)
- The session is secure.
- You can take care of your mental health while still practicing physical distancing.
- It can add a sense of routine and normalcy to your life.
Make the most of your telephone or online session
- Write down what you want to cover (collect your thoughts.)
- Be in a quiet, private place.
- Double check your cellphone/laptop battery and Internet connection.
- Download/install any software needed prior to the meeting.
- Have water, fidgets, and tissues handy.
If you are nervous about a telephone or online session
- Mention your feelings to your therapist.
- Remember, your therapist may be new to this form of therapy as well.
- You may be able to minimize the screen on which you see yourself if that is an issue.
- No one is expecting you to be a tech wizard. If all you can manage is a phone call, it is okay.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Your safety and mental health continue to be our priority.