Many of our friends, family, and clients ask if there are any books we recommend reading. Our group of psychologists has put together the following list for your information. We have provided links to purchase these books at chapters.indigo.ca, but please feel free to purchase them at your favourite book shop or online retailer.
Children & Teens
- Guts by Raina Telgemeier
- How to Talk so Kids will Listen and Listen so Kids will Talk by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlich
- Just Breathe by Mallika Chopra
- Just Feel by Mallika Chopra
- No Drama Discipline by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. and Tina Payne Bryson, PH.D.
- On the Night You Were Born by Nancy Tillman
- Goodnight Mind by Colleen E. Carney, PH.D and Rachel Manber, PH.D.
Marriage & Relationships
- Boundaries: When to Say Yes, How to Say No to Take Control of Your Life by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
- Boundaries in Marriage by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
- Braving the Wilderness: The Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone by Brene Brown, PH.D, LMSW
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brene Brown, PH.D, LMSW
Do you have any other book suggestions? Head over to our Facebook page and let us know which books have helped you in your life.